Welcome to Alta Sierra School where our goal is to provide a strong academic foundation in a safe, caring environment where students are motivated to reach their greatest potential. We believe the richest environment is best achieved with a positive working partnership among school, home and community. We are proud of our dedicated teachers, staff, parents and community members that work together to provide our students an enriching and rewarding educational experience.
• April 29 - May 8 STAR Testing
• April 30 - 6:30 p.m. School Site Council Meeting in the staff lounge
• May 2 - Baskin Robbins Night
• May 3 - Awards Assemblies
• May 7 - 6:30 p.m. PTC Meeting in the staff lounge
• May 8 - Day of the Teacher (Teacher Appreciation Day!!)
• May 10 - Minimum Day students dismissed at 12:00 p.m.
• May 11 - Science Olympiad at the district office, Cottage Hill and Magnolia
• May 14 - Second round of Kindergarten Screening at Alta Sierra
• May 15 - 6:00 p.m. 4th Grade Evening Performance
• May 16 - 4th Grade Field Trip to Music in the Mountains Concert
• May 23 - OPEN HOUSE
• May 27 - NO SCHOOL, Memorial Day Holiday
• May 28 - NO SCHOOL, Snow Make up Day
Pleasant Ridge District has a very affordable Preschool on the Alta Sierra Campus. There is a Monday, Wednesday, Friday class and a Tuesday, Thursday class. For more information or for a registration packet, contact Alta Sierra School 272-2319.
Alta Sierra School has an After School Program that operates between the hours of 11:30 am – 5:30pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays)….
Pricing is really reasonable….
That there are full time, part time and even daily rates…..
It is a great place for kids to work on homework right after school….
Fun games, arts and crafts and even some computer time throughout the week…
The program is even available on minimum days (except the last day of school)…..
A snack is provided to keep those hungry kids going….
You can call the PRUSD at 268-2800 for more information…
Shop online and Support Alta Sierra!
The approaching holiday season gives us a chance to help Alta Sierra Elementary School. It requires your participation, but it's free and definitely easy. Just register on the link below and then start shopping! Choose from eBay to Amazon, iTunes to Home Depot, Staples, JC Penney, Expedia, Bass Pros Shops, Barnes and Noble, and about 800 other great stores.